Women want to look and feel beautiful not only from outside but from inside (quite literally) too. New advances and improved knowledge and awareness in plastic surgery along with the growing demands from females have ushered in a new field of cosmetic gynaecology. Until recently, the genital area of women had not drawn much attention of the plastic surgeons and was thought to be exclusively handled by the gynaecologists. The female genital region undergoes a lot of changes and trauma throughout her life; child birth, hormone and weight fluctuations, ageing, menopause, disease or surgery often result in discomfort, incontinence, diminished sexual functions and a sensation of looseness in the area.
Cosmetic gynaecology procedures can be used to enhance the vaginal appearance, tone and symmetry, restoring your self-esteem, confidence and sexual health. It has a remarkable success rate and is quite often combined with additional cosmetic procedures including breast augmentation reputed vaginal rejuvenation Sydney offers vaginoplasty (tightening of the vagina) and/or labiaplasty/vulvaplasty (re-shaping of the vulva or labia). The procedure typically involves:
- Narrowing the wide vaginal opening
- Tightening, trimming and re-shaping the outer labial lips and the inner lips
- Removing loose vaginal mucosa
- Clitoral hood reduction
- Tightening and repairing the underlying lax muscles
- Restoring the perineum
- Treating vaginitis
How to go about it?
There are various products, surgical and non-surgical approaches for vaginal rejuvenation. It is recommended to begin with non surgical methods. Kegel exercises work wonders to tighten the loose muscles. Vaginal tightening cream and pills are also available but generally result in adverse side-effects.
Recently, the surgical procedures for “designer vagina” have been supplemented with advanced, non-invasive and energy-based techniques, which offer a much needed relief and hope for the many females wary of the surgery due to the complications, expenditure and downtime involved. New moralities for feminine rejuvenation include labial correction using fat or filler injections, CO2-based lasers, and radio frequency (RF)-based energy devices.
Common rejuvenation surgeries include:
– Clitoral un-hooding: Female version of circumcision, the procedure removes the tissue covering the clitoris.
– G-spot amplification: The procedure involves injecting collagen into the vaginal front wall that holds the erotic Gspot.
– Revirgination” (Hymenoplasty): A controversial procedure that includes repairing and rebuilding the hymen to mimic the natural one. The hymen breaks when a female becomes sexually active.
– Vaginoplasty: Tightens the walls of the vagina by suturing.
– Labiaplasty: A surgical procedure to reshape the labia minora, majora or both.
Risks and Limitations:
Alarming complications from vaginal rejuvenation procedures are infrequent but surgical procedures do come with some degree of complications:
- Reaction to anaesthesia
- Changes in sensation
- Hematoma infection and bleeding
- Ongoing pain and tissue adhesions
- Damage to underlying parts
- Unsatisfactory results
Women considering the rejuvenation surgery must look for a certified surgeon, talk with him/her about the concerns and expectations and must follow the advice before and after the surgery. Most genital cosmetic surgeons offer a free of cost consultation for those women who are considering surgery on their vagina. If a woman is well aware of the risks, inform and has realistic expectations from the outcomes, then she is ready to go under the knife. Majority of health insurance companies do not cover plastic surgery and hence you must look for options. Many surgeons offer payment plans.